A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you access certain web pages. Cookies allow web pages, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their computer and, depending on the information they contain and the way they use their computer, they can be used to recognize the user.
- Technical cookies: they are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of different options or services that exist in it, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access restricted access parts, remember the elements that make up an order, perform the purchase process of an order, make the application for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content for the broadcast videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: they are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a serie of criteria in the user's terminal, such as the language, the type of navigator through which the user accesses the service, the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: they are those that allow the person responsible for them, the monitoring and analysis of the behavior of users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of navigation profiles of the users of those sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in function of the analysis of the data of use made by the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: they are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, if applicable, the publisher has included in a web page, application or platform from which it provides the requested service based on criteria such as the content edited or the frequency in which the ads are displayed.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: they are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, if applicable, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which it provides the requested service. These cookies store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their navigating habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
HOW TO BLOCK OR REMOVE COOKIES INSTALLED ON YOUR COMPUTER
If you prefer not to enable cookies, you can block or delete them in your navigator:
• how to manage cookies in Google Chrome
• how to manage cookies in Microsoft Internet Explorer
• how to manage cookies in Mozilla FireFox
• how to manage cookies in Apple Safari